Exciting Summer Tourisim Business
This summertime business has come onto the market as a going concern. A well established fun business that caters for tourists and holiday visitors to Kaiteriteri Beach generating a seasonal income with plenty of potential for expansion.
This business would ideally suit someone who is self-motivated to run as is or develop further who enjoys the outdoors and working with people.
Watersports Kaiteriteri is based on the Beach at Kaiteriteri and offers daily over the summer:
- Biscuit (towable tube) rides
- Banana Boat rides
- Water skiing
- Wake boarding
- Pedal boat hire
- Fun boat rides
- Boat Charters
The business holds all the necessary concessions and licenses to operate directly off Kaiteriteri Beach.
- Tasman District Council Operating Permit: Allows commercial activity in all Tasman District territorial waters except Waimea Estuary.
- Concession: Guiding and Retail Permit – Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve: Allows the use of Beach Commercial Zone – site number 2 for charter boat and water sports activity. For a maximum of 110 person movements a day for Charter Boat activity with no limit on water sport clients.
Plant and equipment being sold
- 2007 Osprey 540 open boat on trailer, powered by 2007 Honda 90hp 4-stroke motor (473 engine hours) surveyed for 6 passengers.
- Beach caravan used for selling product at Kaiteriteri from allocated beach commercial zone 2.
- Watersports equipment: various types of tube rides, banana boat, pedal boats: 1x4 seats and 2x2 seats, skis, wakeboards, lifejackets and towropes.
Operating hours and Staff:
Operating hours can be to suit owners but generally 7am to 7pm daily during the summer school holidays and weekends either side of the holidays.
Additional work is generated from school and youth groups who we offer our service to, these groups use us over the shoulder seasons, usually October/November or February/March.
The day to day running of the business is done by the owners (husband and wife team) with the assistance of 2 students over the busy Christmas/ New Year holiday time.
- Three summer seasons growing and generating business by introducing new activities and equipment.
- Return customers annually including school/youth groups.
- Safety and operation plan.
- Logo and business name Watersports Kaiteriteri.
This business sale can also include:
Permit: Abel Tasman Foreshore Scenic Reserve: Allows limited commercial charter boat activity within the Foreshore Reserve in the Abel Tasman National Park.
Marine Mammal Watch Permit: Authorised to carry out vessel – based commercial operation to guide passengers to view the New Zealand Fur Seals and dolphins.Allows a maximum of 2 visits to Tonga Island Marine reserve and 2 visits to Pinnacle.
Call Steven & Kathryn Now on 027 248 6046 (day) or 6403 528 6754 (evenings)
Watersports Kaiteriteri offers a fantastic summertime lifestyle: Based at Kaiteriteri Beach, known simply as ‘Kaiteri’ to locals, this tiny hamlet 13km from Motueka or an hours drive from Nelson on a sealed road is the most popular resort town in the area and is the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park. On a sunny summer’s day, Kaiteri’s gorgeous, golden, safe-swimming beach humms with the fun of summer, and is a watersports lovers paradise.